Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ambitious novice knitters get Jan 09 Workshop underway!

So we're almost at the end of Part One of the first Design Workshop of 2009, and the workshopees are coming on leaps and bounds.
This is Dan from London, who had not knitted on a machine before.....
"It's been just great so far. I can't believe how much I've learned in such a short space of time, fantastic! I really like the way the course is structured. Working towards the group review on a Friday is a great way to focus attention each week."


.... and images of his work in progress about contemporary cables for menswear


After learning and experimenting with techniques such as ; stripe, pointelle, jacquard, and cables always with fashion in mind, each week we turn swatches into garments.









Using different ways of shaping the fabric into interesting silhouettes, we drape and build contemporary designs.






















Emily, a handknitter from California.....




"I am enjoying the course immensely so far. I enjoy the challenge of learning each skill set/group of techniques weekly and pushing myself to fully explore the technique and then apply it in whatever way I see fit, in the context of a full garment or just an idea."













...and her work in progress.




This course runs untill the 27/03/09, Summer Workshop commences 15/06/09.


No comments: